Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: Cain doujinshi strategic planning thread

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yay! Glad the parental units have given you a break! ^__^

    I'd be grateful for a description of how to scan without breaking 'em too, because a Xerox is about like a scanner, and that way the scanning and translationg could be happening at the same time both for that and for Blood Hound... hmmmmmmmm...

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Rubyjuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would LOVE to know how to scan without hurting the manga/doujinshi...

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmm...if you're worried about ruining the spines, I know that the spines get slightly ruined in the scanning process anyways. I can teach everyone who doesn't know a way to ruin the spines in the least possible way while still being able to get a good scan. ^^ Unlike what many people thing, you don't have to bend the hell out of your books and you can actually end up with a scanned book that doesn't get a crease in its spine. ^^

    Of course, this is talking about normal sized manga books. From my understanding, Doujinshi tend to contain a lot less pages and tend to be signficantly bigger, which would make it even easier to scan. ^^

    ...my brother just stole the TV from me while I was writing this. T___T At 22, you'd think he'd move out already...

    And my dad has stopped bugging me about the illegal thing as well. *bows down to Risu-chan*

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 05, 2003 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Crisis ]</font>

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, the auctions end in a day or two, but it's going to take a few weeks for the auctioner to mail it to the Japanese place that'll collect 'em and remail 'em to me, and then for them to get from me to y'all...

    I'd estimate a month to six weeks probably...

    Auctions in general--

    The good news: nobody's bid on the doujinshi yet.

    The bad news: somebody else has bid on Blood Hound this time; we'll have to see whether I bid higher than she did. ^^;; (the saving grace is that the things do seem to come up every couple weeks; it's just going to put the project that much farther back if we lose this one... @_@)

    ed: oh yeah -- well, I figured PayPal would be the easiest way to do it, but if that doesn't work for you, a money order ought to work -- it might have to be an international money order depending on where you're from, but... (shrug) I'll let you know more when I find out if we won all of 'em and how much the shipping is going to be. ^^;;;

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 06, 2003 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Risu-chan ]</font>

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sure that sounds great ^^ I just hope that we get them though ^^ that would be really great if you did ^_^ Awww.....someone has bid on Blood Hound
    [img]frown.gif[/img] that kinda sucks....well we will just have to see what happens in due time ^^

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 06, 2003 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Yaoi Manga Girl ]</font>

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh ya me to I would love to learn how to not ruin my spins ^^
    Oh and Risu-chan I am just woundering when are we going to be doing this cause I need to save up some money and know how much while I still have money LOL. Oh and I was woundering if we wanted to could we also pay buy money order or would that be a problem.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yay - we won all 5 doujinshi auctions and the Blood Hound issue! ^_____^

    Now I just have to fidget until all the remailing takes place... ^^;;

    Unfortunately I can't give final figures on prices until the remailing's happened; generally the shipping ends up costing more than the auction did, but then that's not hard when you win a doujinshi auction for what works out to about $.80 but you're shipping something four or five times... my best guess is that they'll end up being in the $10-$15 neighborhood...

    anyway, I'm going to go edit the link above. It'll continue to tell people whether or not there are any Cain doujinshi for sale at a particular moment, but it won't work for those 5 auctions in particular...

  8. #18
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    YAY!! BLOOD HOUND!!! ::throws confetti::

    I can hardly wait!! Has anyone heard anything yet about Blood Hound being a one shot story, or if it's going to continue in Betsu Hana to Yume?

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Rubyjuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh wow we won all of them? Can't wait to see what I get to end up with (doing a happy doujinshi dance) [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Yeah Hana to Yume is thinner then ribbon.

  10. #20
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bloooooooooood Hoooooooound. *sparkle sparkle*

    Yes, and now watch as it gets lost in the mail. Just watch! *eep*

    Nope, I don't believe in jinxing. ~.^ I'm just going to hold my breath for a few weeks until it *really* gets to Risu-chan and she's holding it in her hands (minus one splinted finger) when she emails me about it. :P

    - Crisis

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •